Physiotherapy is about problem solving. This means figuring out why you are experiencing the problems you are having and working with you to improve how you function.
Physiotherapy treatments cover a wide range of rehabilitation activities, are evidence based and focused on restoring functional movement. Your first visit will involve a comprehensive assessment of your condition to determine what is the cause of the issues you are experiencing. This can include the use of the Kangateck KT360 to allow for in-depth objective insight into isolated neuromuscular strength, endurance and control.
Once we have a cause, I will propose treatment options that targets your specific condition and continue to work with you to restore your function – help the body heal.
- Identify the cause of your movement issues. A multifaceted, in-depth assessment that can include functional movement analysis, physical testing and most importantly by listening to you;
- Provide a clear diagnosis, explaining the nature and cause of your pain and taking the time to ensure that you understand;
- Present treatment recommendations and plans that consider your concerns and objectives;
- Treat the issues by using different techniques and movement education. Hands-on procedures may include joint mobilization and manipulation, Soft tissue techniques and Myofascial Release. Other treatment modalities include Dry Needling and Western Acupuncture approaches, electronic muscle stimulation, bio feedback and Taping.
- Prevention and movement optimisation by providing you with exercises and/or positional education to help to manage your pain and begin to increase your strength and overall function.
Each session is individualized and designed to help you reach your specific goals.